Go on, give more power to the religious. Then sit back and watch them nullify the courts, establish Christian theocracy, deny you your rights, and treat you like shit. (Unless of course you say you believe in the same invisible magic man in the sky as they do.)
Here’s the laundry list of what leading US Presidential candidates want:
1. Religious Americans must fight back against nonbelievers.
2. The religious values we must fight for are Judeo-Christian.
3. Our laws and our national identity are Judeo-Christian.
4. No religion but Christianity will suffice.
5. God created our government.
6. The U.S. law should follow God’s law.
7. Anything that’s immoral by religious standards should be outlawed.
8. The federal government should impose this morality on the states.
9. Congress should erase the judiciary’s power to review moral laws.
10. Courts that get in the way should be abolished.
11. The purge of judges should be based on public opinion.
12. Freedom means obeying morality.
Replace “Judeo-Christian” with “Islam” and you have the regime of Iran.
But hey, don’t take my word for it, check their statements for yourself: read the full article “Rule of Lord: The Republican plan to nullify the courts and establish Christian theocracy” over at Slate.